Saturday 3 September 2011

Summer update...

Here is an update of the work I have been making since university has finished. I have been working non stop, not because I have to, but because I love doing it, creating, setting myself a target and seeing how my initial ideas can change over the process.


I start with a black and white design in fine liner pen, as simple as possible before adding colour. I always make copies so I can come back to the original in the future with a fresh alternative. This records my starting point as a reference to my way of thinking when I start a piece. It allows me to review the work without the confusion of colour as this often adds a whole different meaning and tone. The simplicity of black on white and vice versa is something I really do enjoy as well.


I have been inspired by so many different things, rust, petals, fruit, even mould. At this point I am laying out all the ideas I have wanted to do that were not relevant to the confines of my previous briefs. I am not sure if this is a good or bad thing at the moment but I have so many ideas flowing that for the time being I am just going with it. Hope you enjoy my creative splurge as much as I have!...

No comments:

Post a Comment